Wednesday 29 April 2015

留学もうすぐ終わる。Half-way point (ish) of Year Abroad.



(日本語が下に書いてあるよ~~!あまり上手じゃないから、ごめんねww)


So, I'm at the mid-way point (kinda) of my year abroad here in Kyoto (eek). Proper weird feeling, hard to explain..part of me really does not want to leave - my friends, my University, my life here - and part of me does want to. Second semester, for us exchange students, began at the start of April, which is the start of a new academic year for normal Ritsumeikan students. After a couple of months of travelling, to Korea, to Hokkaido for the Snow Festival, back to the UK, and back to Japan with my sister, for a month of fun-filled sisterly travelling, I settled back into my life at the dorm and began my final semester here. I still can't believe it's been almost 8 months since I first came here. It feels like so long ago that I arrived that day, entering the dorm absolutely cacking it about not being able to understand owt!! But...it also feels like it's gone so quickly. Weiiiiiirdddddd.

OH. Just reminded myself of something funny! After having period 1 and 2 of class the other day, my friends and I sat outside to eat some dinner together (yea that's right, dinner, not lunch) and got to talking about accents. I brought up how some of my friends back at my home uni who I lived with (*cough* Bec) sometimes just DID NOT understand what I was trying to say, being from the North and all. Similarly though, I didn't always get some of the words they were using! But..anyway, one of my friends was all 'I understand you well :)' I explained how when I'm here I tend to sort of tone down the Northern-ness within me, but when I'm home round my people (lol), the Yorkshire lass will come back for sure! AAANYWAY, so they asked me to do an impression of what I'm like when I'm not actively trying to enunciate my words and avoid Yorkshire-isms...so I obliged. It went something along the lines of:

"Ere right Daiiiiisy (that's me best mate yea Daiiisy), im proper ungry like, me! Gonna get right mardy if a dunt eat owt...Can wi gu' shop? Let's gu' t'shop, wanna get mesen an ice-cream!! You wat, dun you want one, like??" 

And in that moment, I was back in Yorkshire. Hahahahhaha, so yes this was probably a highlight of the day. I then proceeded to the library to kill time until period 4 when I had my final class. To my dismay, Ikebana class was cancelled the next day - I was proper looking forward to that.

Aaaanyways, so yeah my first month here is pretty much over and it's going too quicklyyyy!! I KNOW when I'm back, while it'll be awesome to see everyone again, I'll miss it here and everyone I've met, and want to return. But it'll be time to move on and let the next group of UEA students go on their year abroad! For now, gonna make the most of the rest of my time here. Gonna Karaoke til I have no voice and Japanese til I can't even English anymore (well this has happened before but yea).

LATERZ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

少し前毎回日本語で書くつもりって言ったのに、、今まであまりしてないね。だから、、!!

もう留学の中間点で、もうすぐ帰ることについてどう感じるかわからない。ちょっと不思議な気持ちなんだよ。けど今までめっちゃ楽しみにしてきたから、これからも帰るまでどうなるのか楽しみ!確かに、帰ってから京都が懐かしくなって、ここにできた友達にもすごく会いたいと思うんだけど今そんなことについて考えられないね!

最近京都めっちゃ暑くなってきたんだね!時々何もしたくないほど暑い。けどこれからもっと暑くなるでしょ?!うわ~7月絶対だめ。日本人すごいねwwイギリスで20度くらいさえだったら、ショーツやTシャツが出てくるんだ、、笑 日本の夏を経験していてから、今ちょっとおかしいと思う!帰る時にイギリスでは夏だけど、日本に比べて多分寒いと思うね!まあ、実は日本の7月はそんなに暑いから、たぶんうれしい。

じゃ、今日早く起きたし、授業もいっぱいあったし、もうすぐ寝たほうがいいかな~
おやすみ!!


No comments:

Post a Comment